TEA Powerpoint - February 20, 2022 TCTELA Conference
Conference videos will be available for attendees the first week of March.
IMPORTANT CONFERENCE UPDATE!
The Texas Council of Teachers of English Language Arts (TCTELA) is excited to welcome teachers to Galveston, Texas and the 57th annual conference and exposition February 18-20, 2022. When planning for this conference, the many variables surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic led the TCTELA Board to consider a new style of conference for 2022: the hybrid conference. Our goal is for all members to have an avenue where they can comfortably and safely interact with their peers during the annual conference. A hybrid conference provides that opportunity.
What does hybrid conference mean for TCTELA 2022?
Conference participants will have the ability to choose how they experience the conference this year: in-person or virtually through an online platform like last year. Attendees who choose to attend the conferences online will have the opportunity to watch all keynote speakers live as well as access to a variety of the workshop sessions that have been pre recorded to ensure a quality experience.
Attendees must decide how they want to attend at the time of registration. If choosing to attend in person, participants must agree to follow all the guidelines below concerning Covid-19 safety measures.
In order to plan for the conference, changes from one format to the other will only be accepted on a case-by-case basis before December 17. All keynote speaker sessions and a selection of workshop sessions will be recorded and available to all conference participants for 60 days from the close of the conference.
TCTELA wants all participants to have a safe and enjoyable conference experience. We strongly recommend all in-person conference attendees be fully vaccinated against Covid prior to attending.
Attendees, exhibitors and all other service providers must adhere to the safety protocols required by Moody Gardens. Additionally, TCTELA will expect all participants to comply with the current Center for Disease Control and Prevention Standards, including:
- Wash hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Maintain physical distance as recommended by CDC guidelines
- Wear masks while in the presence of others as recommended by CDC guidelines
TCTELA will provide the following safety measures:
- A basic health screener and temperature scanner at the conference entry point
- Hand sanitizer outside each session for participants as they enter.
- Facemasks will be available for attendees
- TCTELA Board Members and staff will be required to wear masks
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes available in meeting rooms
- Health and safety signage will be strategically placed as friendly reminders of best practice.
Moody Gardens Conference Hotel Safety Measures
- Hotel and convention center staff will be required to wear masks
- Seating capacity will be reduced in concurrent sessions
- Seating capacity will be reduced for luncheons and general sessions.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the hotel and convention center and are maintained
- Gloves will be provided to use when handling serving utensils when food is provided
By choosing to attend the in-person option for the 2022 Texas Council of Teacher of English Language Arts Annual Conference and Exposition at Moody Gardens in Galveston, you acknowledge there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people gather. We expect attendees to follow CDC guidance and all posted instructions while attending the conference to ensure the health and safety of all who participate.
Registrations may be cancelled or transferred up to December 17th and will incur a $50 cancellation/name change fee. No refunds will be provided after that date.
If you are experiencing symptoms, have COVID-19, or think you may have been exposed, stay home and contact [email protected]. We will transfer your registration to the virtual option.
Thank you for your support of TCTELA!
Paying by Credit Card or Purchase order?
Mailing a check?
Email [email protected] with any questions.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
Photos from TCTELA 2020